Preparing to ship your package
Know when to ship
First things first, know the deadline for shipping your item. Price offers expire after 21 days. Learn how to get a new shipping deadline if you’ve missed the 21-day window
Delete and disconnect everything from your device
Delete your data from your device and disconnect from all personal accounts (like iCloud or Google).
If you trade in your MacBook, you also have to turn off the firmware password (if you set it before).
Packing your device
Once you have your deadline and device prepped to go, shipping is easy.
Pack like you mean it
Use a strong box with double- or triple-walled cardboard that can comfortably fit your item. You can use the original packaging if you still have it. Then, use bubble wrap, airbags, cardboard, or foam peanuts/pellets to wrap and securely position your item so it can’t move around inside the box.
Finally, use pressure-sensitive tape (not cellophane tape, masking tape, string, or rope) to seal all seams and protect the corners.
How do I get a free shipping kit to send in my device?
Some customers are eligible for a mailing kit depending on the type of item they're trading in and its offered value.
If your trade-in is eligible for a mailing kit, we'll let you know in your confirmation email and you should receive the kit within 3-5 business days.
If it's been more than 6 business days since the creation of your trade-in, and you still haven't received your kit, it may have gotten lost on the way, but don't worry — you can always send your device for free with your own packaging. Back Market does not return a kit if it is lost on the way.
Print and stick the prepaid shipping label
Print your shipping label, stick it to the box, and secure it with strong tape. You can either get your prepaid shipping label from your trade-in confirmation email or your Back Market account.
To find your prepaid shipping label log in to your Back Market account > “My trade-ins” > “Ship item”.
Don’t pay for shipping yourself. We won’t be able to help you in the event of lost or stolen packages if you pay for your own shipping.
Shipping your device
After preparing your item, you can ship it in any of the following ways:
At a UPS Store or convenient authorized drop-off location:
- Print your prepaid shipping label and stick it onto your package.
- Drop off your package at a drop-off location. See your nearest UPS drop-off locations
- If you decide to drop off your package, make sure it’s scanned by an employee and get proof of deposit.
Note that a UPS driver can accept your package if it already has a UPS label.
Need shipping support? Contact us here
Don’t forget: The prepaid shipping label provided also includes a tracking number, and your package should be covered if it gets lost, stolen, or damaged. Using the prepaid shipping label we provide also gives us the ability to intervene on your behalf if anything happens to your package.
Pro tips for shipping
- Take photos of your device and package. These come in handy if anything unexpected happens in transit or if you receive a counteroffer from the refurbisher.
- Make sure you add your bank account and routing numbers, and the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number to your Back Market account, so you can get paid. Find out more about why we need this info from you
- Tracking is easy. Find updates about your package on your Back Market account.