Our products are 100% good-as-new functionally speaking. That said, their physical appearance can vary and this variation in appearance is what we assess when we assign a product a grade (which you can see listed beside the diamond icon of each product available on Back Market). Here's our grade guide:
- Very Good: The screen is in excellent condition and has no scratches. The body is in excellent condition. No scratches are visible from a distance of 8 inches (a bit longer than a standard-sized pencil).
- Good: The screen is in excellent condition and has no scratches.
The body is in very good condition. No scratches are visible from a distance of 20 inches (about an arm's length from the device).
- Fair: The screen is in very good condition. No scratches are visible when the screen is on. The body is in good condition but may have light but plainly visible scratches.
- Stallone: The screen is in good condition and no visible scratches when the screen is on. The body is in fair condition but may have visible signs of use with scratches and/or dents that can be felt.
So just to repeat, the lower grades don't reflect poorly on the functionality of the products, just their looks - a lower grade just means that a product will have signs of use and/or impact on its backs and sides. That's right: character.
To reassure you again, all the screens are 100% tested and functional. As mentioned, it's only their aesthetic appearance that differs by grade:
- For “Good” and “Very Good” conditions, screens are fully intact and scratch-free.
- For “Stallone” and “Fair” conditions, the screen may have minor scratches that are invisible when the device is on.
Still hesitating? Just remember, if it turns out that you aren't satisfied with the product you receive, you have 30 days to return your device and request a full refund.