You are presenting difficulties with your headphones and jack socket and don't know what to do? Our technical experts have curated a very useful list of manipulations to help you solve your issues from the comfort of your house!
1/3 - Clean your device
For all devices
The best tool to clean your device’s charging/headphones port is a toothpick! Carefully insert it into the port and gently move it along the interior. Remove the toothpick after you’ve gone over it once to check for any debris. Wipe it off using a paper towel or cloth and then repeat the process until the toothpick comes out clean.
|👏First step!||🙌Second step! easy right?|
2/3 - Check the volume settings and accessory functionality
For all devices
Check that the volume is not on mute
- iOS: Adjust the volume to your preference with the external buttons on your iOS device or manage it with the Volume slider in Control Center on your iPhone or iPad
- Samsung: Push the Volume up and down keys on the side of your phone or tablet to adapt the volume to your liking — when you see the volume window, press and drag the slider left or right to adjust it
Check that the problem isn’t coming from the accessory itself
- Play some audio (like your favorite song)
- If no sound comes out, try another set of headphones
- If it works, the issue comes from the accessory
- If it doesn't, follow the next steps
3/3 - Update your software
Do it directly on your smartphone!
- Back up your device with iCloud or on your computer
- Plug your device into a power source and make sure you’re connected to Wi-Fi
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update
- You may see two software updates, pick the one you want to install
- Go to Settings > System > System update
- You’ll be able to see your update status — follow the steps that appear on the screen
Still no luck?
Here's what you can do:
- If you haven’t contacted Back Market Customer Care, now is the time.
- If you have already opened a service request with us and your device needs to be returned for repair, follow the return instructions and use the return label you’re provided with.