Back Market is a global marketplace including more than 1,500 sellers of refurbished devices. Our rigorous vetting process means that only the best of the best can sell on our platform.
When you buy a device from one of our sellers, we charge a Quality Assurance Fee. This fee is then invested in our industry-leading quality controls, so we can offer you the best experience possible when buying renewed.
This fee is added to each order based on the total cart amount. When you make a Back Market order, your total cost breaks down into 4 parts:
- The price of the item
- Back Market Quality Assurance Fee (a maximum of 2% of the cart amount and a minimum of $0.49)
- Express shipping costs (if selected)
|Cart total||Fee amount|
How does Back Market use the Quality Assurance Fee?
It’s used to make sure devices sold on Back Market all function as good as new. As a marketplace, individual sellers list their items on Back Market — and we make sure they’re the best of the best.
To do this, we enforce our rigorous Quality Charter and hold sellers to higher quality standards than comparable platforms, like Amazon. The devices sold on Back Market are checked against 25 different metrics.
The Quality Assurance Fee allows us to have:
- A team of more than 130 Back Market staff dedicated to monitoring seller performance.
Ongoing mystery orders to make sure sellers are fully compliant with our Quality Charter.
- The Back Market Innovation Lab:
- Where we dissect devices sold on Back Market to verify technical quality and share best practices with our refurbisher partners.
- Where we fight against planned obsolescence — when products are intentionally designed to have a limited lifespan to encourage consumers to replace them more frequently.
If you have any ideas or suggestions on how we can improve our actions on quality, please drop us a line at email@example.com.