Have questions about your return request? Look no further! We gathered a list of the most frequently asked questions to help you find answers quickly.
If you haven't returned your device to the seller yet, you should contact Customer Care. Here’s how:
- Log in to your Back Market account.
- Click on the "Ask for help" button beside the item you want to ask about.
- Follow the prompts to describe your issue.
- In the last step, you'll be given a pre-paid return label to send back your device (as long as the item is still under warranty, meaning it hasn’t been damaged by liquids or impacts or opened by a third party). Learn more about how to use your label
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you have any updates on my device?
- Can you speed up the process? I need my device as soon as possible
- Can you send the device back to a different address?
- How do I know if it’s going to be repaired or replaced?
- The deadline has passed, when will I get a solution?
- How will I know when the device has been repaired and sent back?
- When will I get my money back?
Q: Do you have any updates on my device?
A: Once you have received confirmation that your device has reached the seller, they have 2-3 business days depending on your solution choice (repair or refund). During this time, the seller will be carrying out all the required checks and to fulfill your request, so contacting them will not speed up the process. We’ll let you know as soon as they’re finished.
If the 3 business days have passed and you haven't received any updates from us, you will be refunded in full. Please note, it can take an additional 3-5 days for the funds to appear in your bank account, depending on your payment method and/or bank.
Q: Can you speed up the process? I need my device as soon as possible
A: The deadlines for repair and cancellation in our Quality Charter are designed to give the seller adequate time to process your request at the least amount of wait time for you.
We can’t guarantee a shorter processing time than 2-3 business days because the seller’s speed depends on their individual workload. Once the seller is finished checking your device, we’ll get back to you with a tracking link for your package (in case of a repair), or a refund confirmation.
However, if you haven't heard from us after 3 business days, rest assured we will refund your order in full (as long as no signs of liquid damage, impact, or third-party handling were found).
Q: Can you send the device back to a different address?
A: If you recently changed your address or wish to receive your device in a different location, please let us know in our conversation on the Back Market platform. If you don't have a conversation open with us, it’s because you haven't reported an issue with your device yet. In this case, contact Customer Care
Once you confirm your new address you should receive a message like this one:
Q: How do I know if it’s going to be repaired or replaced?
A: The seller will always try to repair the device first. If it’s not possible to repair, they will replace it with the same item as long as they have one in stock. If the same model is not available, we will refund your order in full (as long as no signs of liquid damage, impact, or third-party handling were found).
Q: The deadline has passed, when will I get a solution?
If 2 business days (for a refund) or 3 business days (for a repair) have passed and you haven't gotten any updates, rest assured we will refund your order.
Once the refund has been made, you’ll receive confirmation in all of the following ways:
- An email from Back Market with further details
- A message from us in the conversation on our platform, like this:
- By logging in to your account and going to "My orders". Here, you’ll see a black header like this:
Q: How will I know when the device has been repaired and sent back?
A: After the seller receives your item for repair, they will have 3 business days to finish the process. After this deadline, we’ll send you a tracking link (see screenshot below) so you can follow your package’s journey back to you. The delivery usually takes around 2-3 business days.
Q: When will I get my money back?
Depending on your payment method, the processing times may vary. Here are the estimated deadlines:
- Credit and debit cards: 5 business days
- PayPal: 5 business days
- Oney: 10 business days
- Affirm: 10 business days (up to 45 days if the payment was made with a virtual card)
- Voucher or promo code: Contact Back Market Customer Care and you'll be given a new code for the same amount.
Once the refund has been processed, you’ll receive an email from Back Market with further details.
You can also check if a full refund has been made by logging in to your account and going to "My orders". You’ll see a black header like the one below:
If you don’t see this header and haven't received a notification email, this means you have not been fully refunded. This can happen if the device wasn't sent back with its accessories (if it had any). Learn more about how refunds work