Your laptop is not charging, and you are wondering how to solve this issue quickly from the comfort of your house ? We have gathered a list of manipulations that might help you do just that.
1/1 - Check your charger
You may encounter charging issues (slow charge, discharge, no charge) when you use a charger that was not supplied with your device. That's why it is important to always use the charger that initially came with your laptop.
Below are the possible causes that may impact your device charging:
- The charger isn’t compatible with your laptop
- The charger isn’t powerful enough
- The charger is not plugged into the port
- The charging cable doesn’t have the power requirements for the charger or laptop
Below are a few tips for you:
- Use the charger and cable that came with your laptop
- Verify that your charger is well connected to the charging port on your device
- To optimize the charge, charge your laptop when it is turned off
Still no luck?
We’re sorry to hear that! Here's what you can do:
- If you haven’t contacted Back Market Customer Care, now is the time!
- If you have already opened a service request with us and your device needs to be returned for repair follow the return instructions and use the return label you’re provided with.