If you can't change or choose your device's language, try these tips from our in-house tech experts for a quick fix.
Change the language on your device
- Go to "Settings" > "General" > "Language & Region".
- Select “Language”.
- Pick your preferred language from the list.
- A prompt will alert you to confirm the change — select the first option.
- Go to "Settings" > "System" > "Languages & input" > "Languages".
- If you don’t see “System,” go to "Personal" > "Languages & input" > "Languages".
- Select “Add a language” and choose your preferred language.
- Make sure to drag the language to the top of the list to make it the preferred language of your device.
Restore your device to factory settings
Restore factory settings from your Mac
First — be sure to back up your data! Then, follow these steps on your Mac:
- If you have a Mac with macOS Catalina or later, open the Finder app.
- If your Mac has macOS Mojave or earlier, or your device is a different PC, open the iTunes app.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer.
- If you see a pop-up message that asks for a passcode or says “Trust This Computer,” follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
- Select your smartphone when it shows on your computer or laptop.
- Select “Restore [device]” — if you’re still logged in to "Find my", make sure that you sign out first.
- Select “Restore” once more to confirm.
- Your computer will erase your phone and install the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, or iPod software.
- After your phone is restored to factory settings, it will automatically restart.
- Back up your data first!
- Go to "Settings" > "Google" > "Backup".
- You may also see "Settings" > "Backup".
- If you don’t see either, contact the manufacturer for help.
- To force restart, go back to "Settings" > “Factory Data Reset”.
- Enter your security credentials, if prompted.
- Select “Delete all” and follow the instructions to reset your device.
If you've already opened a service request with us and your device needs to be returned for a repair, replacement, or refund, follow these return instructions, using the return label you were provided with.