Preparing to ship your package
- Know when to ship
First things first, know the deadline for shipping your item. Price offers expire after 21 days. Learn how to get a new shipping deadline if you’ve missed the 21-day window
- Delete and disconnect everything from your device
Delete your data from your device and disconnect from all personal accounts (like iCloud or Google).
Packing your device
Once you have your deadline and device prepped to go, shipping is easy.
- Pack your device like you mean it
Pack your device in a box or insulated envelope. Be sure that it’s safe and well-padded to prevent it from moving around in transit. You can use recycled materials for padding like newspapers, discarded paper — even love notes from your ex.
- Print and stick the prepaid shipping label
Print your shipping label, stick it to the box, and secure it with strong tape. You can either get your prepaid shipping label from your BuyBack sale confirmation email or your Back Market account.
To find your prepaid shipping label log in to your Back Market account > “My BuyBack sales” > “Ship item”.
Don’t pay for shipping yourself. We won’t be able to help you in the event of lost or stolen packages if you pay for your own shipping.
After preparing your item, you can ship it in any of the following ways:
At a UPS Store or convenient authorized drop-off location:
- Print your prepaid shipping label and stick it onto your package
- Drop off your package at your nearest UPS drop-off location
- If you decide to drop off your package, make sure it’s scanned by an employee and get a proof of deposit
Pro tip: A UPS driver can accept your package if it already has a UPS label.
Need shipping support? Contact us here so we can help you
Don’t forget: The prepaid shipping label provided also includes a tracking number, and your package should be covered if it gets lost, stolen or damaged. Using the prepaid shipping label we provide also gives us the ability to intervene on your behalf if anything happens to your package.
Pro tips for shipping
- Take photos of your device and package. These come in handy if anything unexpected happens in transit or if you receive a counteroffer from the refurbisher.
- Make sure you add your bank account and routing numbers, and the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number to your Back Market account, so you can get paid. You can find out about why we need this info from you here
- Tracking is easy. Find updates about your package on your Back Market account.