This article is here to help you when the home or on/off buttons are giving you a hard time.
If you’ve already purchased a device from us (thanks, btw!), don’t forget that you can reach out to us if you need help with the item you’ve ordered. Just log in to your Back Market account > My orders > "Ask for help".
If your smartphone’s home button or on/off button isn't responsive, here are some troubleshooting tips:
- Remove any protective films or cases that might block the button or switch
- With newer phones, a thicker cover, not meant for the device, can affect its use
- If the button stops working, replace this cover with one made for the device
- If the button is not fully clicking, then there may be something blocking it
- Check for dirt or debris around the button or switch and clean it with a microfiber cloth
- While your warranty does not cover button issues related to debris, water damage, or shock from a fall, your seller will be able to offer a repair if the phone arrived damaged
- All you need to do is reach out to us for more help
If you continue to have issues, please remember that Back Market Customer Care is here to help!