You recently bought a renewed MacBook on Back Market and your device is asking you for a password? Don't worry, we've got this!
MacBook asks for a password when I turn it on.
In order to ensure the best experience when renewing your MacBook, the refurbisher may have configured it.
As a result, your computer may ask you for a password when you log in.
How to do it?
The refurbisher provided you with a password on a sticker located on the right side of your trackpad.
Remember to check that:
- The "caps lock" key on your keyboard is not on.
- The selected keyboard corresponds to the one on your MacBook
Once you're logged in, you can change this password by
- Choosing "System Preferences" from the Apple menu
- Click on "Users & Groups".
- Select your username from the list of users.
- Click the "Change Password" button and follow the instructions.
If this doesn't work?
We invite you to contact the refurbisher from your customer area by clicking on this link.