Some reasons for receiving a counteroffer
- The physical appearance of the device (e.g. screen, case, body, etc.) doesn’t match the assessment.
- The device isn't 100% functional (e.g. defective buttons, damaged camera, etc.).
- The device wasn't shipped to the refurbisher within 21 days of accepting the price offer.
When the refurbisher receives your device, they’ll check and test it to make sure it matches the assessment. If they notice that it doesn’t match up entirely, they’ll send you a counteroffer with a price based on the actual condition of your device.
Why did I get a counteroffer of $1?
If the refurbisher has sent you a counteroffer of $1, it means they’d like you to send your device for recycling because your item might be too damaged or has defects that make it unrepairable or too costly to repair. You can always reject the offer and have your item shipped back to you for free.
Reasons that don’t justify a counteroffer
According to our Quality Charter, refurbishers can’t send you a counteroffer based on issues that aren't visible to the naked eye, such as false contact at the charging connector, small black spots on the rear camera, pinkish effect on the screen in some places, or slight bugs with the vibration.
Refurbishers also can't send a counteroffer if:
- You reported your item as not functional with broken parts with cracks.
- You reported your item as not functional with broken parts with scratches except in cases of broken screens, broken backs, and/or broken sides.
- The state of the battery in your item.
- The item has unofficial parts due to previous repairs.
- The item’s origin (for EU refurbishers, a non-European item isn’t a sufficient reason to reject it or to make a counteroffer).
- The item is locked to a user account (e.g. iCloud, Google). In this case, the order should be put on hold.
- You’re unable to provide the item’s purchase invoice.
- Missing accessories if they’re not mandatory.
- Accessories in a functional state with a “Good” or “Flawless” appearance.
If you decline the counteroffer, the refurbisher will ship your item back to you for free within 2 business days in accordance with our Terms and Conditions. You’ll be able to track the status of your package with a tracking number provided by the refurbisher.
If you disagree with the counteroffer, contact us through this form and let us know the issue you’re facing.