When returning a product to the seller, it is necessary to follow a few essential tips.
🚨 - In order to ensure efficient handling, take pictures of the product from all angles before sending it back (you can put these pictures on the after-sales service interface with the merchant). This will protect you from potential problems during transport. On the other hand, a screenshot showing that your phone is reset will allow a fast procedure. You must remove the SIM Card as well as external memory cards (SD, Micro SD etc...).
Moreover, before returning your product, it is important to protect it as well as possible:
- Check that the device is well packed and cannot move in its packaging.
- To do this, use cardboard pads, bubble wrap, protective foam...
- For shipments via DHL in Europe, add the Back Market DHL account number: 950927545 to the package, which you will be asked for when you hand over your package (avoid this step for any other carrier).
Finally, you must remove the user account of your product.
It is not necessary to manually delete your contacts, calendars, reminders, documents, photos or any other information when you are connected to your account (iCloud, Google, Samsung, etc.). This could result in the permanent deletion of your contents from the servers and any devices you have connected.
For your Apple devices:
- The Detailed Guide to deleting your iCloud account (on your device and by computer)
For your Android devices:
- The detailed guide to delete your Google account (for users of Samsung products, the procedure is here).
For your Computers / Macbook :
Before selling, giving up or exchanging your Mac/PC, you must back up your computer data, disable all services and features, and restore the default settings by deleting the hard drive and reinstalling the OS.
If you forget to do this before returning the product, the seller will have to ask you to provide them with your personal login info in order to proceed with the repair, exchange or refund of your order. Rest assured, this information will be deleted after the procedure.
⚠️ - Failure to log out of your iCloud account or Google Play account will extend the time it takes to process your request or may result in your request not being accepted.