Having trouble with the payment of your order? 😟 We're sorry to hear it! Don't worry, we're here to help!
If you've received a "payment refused" or "payment abandoned" message upon checkout, it is likely due to a block on your payment attempt. Our banking partner Adyen has a verification algorithm that can be pretty fussy (we’re talking straight-up diva sometimes💃). In an effort to protect your personal and banking information, it will sometimes block payment attempts, which often prevents order finalization (hey, it has good intentions!). ❤️ 🤖
To resolve this issue you can:
- Verify that your account balance is sufficient and that the limit has not yet been reached on your credit card.
- Next, double-check the credit card information you entered during payment. An expiration date error will not be reported but can result in a failed payment.
- If the problem persists, you can try paying with another card. You can also contact your bank directly so they can help you find a solution, especially if the "liability shift/risk transfer" feature is activated.
- Check your address. In the United States, Back Market only ships to the lower 48 states, which does not include Alaska, Hawaii, Mexico or U.S. territories. If your address is outside of these delivery parameters, this can result in a payment refusal. (For more information on Back Market delivery and availability across the globe, click here.)
- Finally, the problem may be caused by the device you are using to place your order. Make sure you are using your internet browser on a private (non-business) network. You can also try to launch a private browser (this will disable all extensions, cookies, and caches). It is also necessary to enable pop-ups. The following links will help you through the process on Safari (Mac) and Google Chrome:
Still not working? Contact us directly via this contact form. We've got your back!