All claims must be filed through the insurer’s portal.
There are 3 ways to get to the insurer’s portal:
- Option 1: Take a look at the email you received after purchasing insurance. There will be a link to the insurer’s portal.
- Option 2: Log in to your Back Market account and click on “Get help”. You’ll see “Report a claim to the insurer”
- Option 3: click on this link.
All claims must be declared within 10 business days from the day you became aware of the issue. In case of breakage, you’ll also be asked for the proof of purchase and, in some cases, photos of the broken device.
The insurance policy covers 2 claims per year of coverage. Each time a claim is filed and accepted, the excess fee must be paid before the repair or replacement is received.
We chose our insurance partner for their speedy service and great customer care. So after filing a claim online, our insurance partners will assess your claim and you’ll receive a reply within 24 hours.
- If your device needs a repair:
A repair shop from the insurance partner’s network will take care of it.
- If your device is not repairable:
You’ll receive a voucher valid for 6 months that you can use on Back Market to find a replacement device.
Voucher values are calculated based on the purchase price of the device and, if applicable, depreciation rates outlined in the terms and conditions.
To use your voucher on Back Market, simply enter the code during checkout by clicking on “Add a discount code”.