Back Market’s service fee — the price of quality
This fee allows Back Market to invest in quality control so we can offer you the best experience possible when buying renewed.
First, the fee is charged per order, not per item. When you make a Back Market order, your total cost breaks down into 2 parts:
- The price of the item (included a free standard shipping )
- Back Market service fee (a maximum of 2% of the cart amount and a minimum of £0.49)
|Cart amount £||Service fee|
|0 - 50||£0,49|
|50 - 100||£0,99|
|100 - 200||£1,99|
|300 - 400||£3,99|
|400 - 700||£4,99|
Why does Back Market charge a service fee on each order?
Our goal is to create a quality standard as rigorous as that of buying new by monitoring, training, and supporting our marketplace sellers — whom we pick very carefully.
This requires significant investments, such as:
- A team of more than 130 Back Market personnel who monitor sellers’ performance and reliability daily
- Monthly mystery orders to make sure sellers are fully compliant with our Quality Charter
- The Back Market Innovation Lab:
- Where we dissect devices sold on Back Market to verify technical quality and share best practices with our refurbisher partners
- Where we fight against repair discouragement such as Apple’s various warning messages that display on devices that had specific components changed by refurbishers rather than an Apple-accredited repair center. (Our Innovation Lab has built a specialized process that allows refurbishers to remove this unnecessary warning message.)
I want to learn more about Back Market Quality
If you have any ideas or suggestions on how we can improve our actions on quality - please reach out to us : firstname.lastname@example.org